SALT STATEMENT OF FAITH
SALT ministry aim toward showing respect to our visitor’s cultural backgrounds, traditions, and spiritual world views. We want to serve and be available to all without discrimination. On the other hand, as for SALT ministries, we want to disclose what we believe.
We at SALT ministries are aware of the potentially controversial nature of creeds and have no intention of adding to an already divided church. The essence of our beliefs is the old saying, “no creed but Christ.” Therefore, any person who holds to the lordship of Jesus and meets the other program requirements is welcome to benefit from SALT ministries programs and online resources. Yet, in order to understand the nature of SALT ministries and its holistic approach to ministry, anyone planning to partner with us should know that every trustee, administrator, and teacher holds the following items to be true:
- We believe we are called to help fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ to “make disciples of all nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything He has commanded.” We gladly do this in unity with others who also confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, only infallible Word of God, and follow it to teach us His will and direct our lives.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and strive to love Him with heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory for judgment and the restoration of all creation to God our Father.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and actively seek His indwelling to live godly lives of faithful service.
- We believe everyone is created in the image of God. Therefore, we refrain from creating financial, ecclesiastical or any other restrictions to Christian maturity, justice, and freedom.
- We believe the terms of salvation that we may proclaim are these expressed in the New Testament: belief, repentance, confession that Jesus Christ is Lord, and baptism by immersion in water for the remission of sins and receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe our Lord’s commission is to develop disciple makers for God’s Kingdom. Therefore, we work non-denominationally and avoid political activity.
- Transparency and accountability through valid performance measures
- Open, honest and clear communication with all constituencies
- Exemplary increase and wise stewardship of all resources
- Mature leadership by qualified directors, faculty, and staff
- Continual institutional, professional, and personal learning and growth
- Practical teaching and research to advance the mission and vision
- Dedicated service for and by graduates, students, and donors
- Healthy initiatives and partnerships which actively keep in place long-term national leaders who are independent and self-supporting
Minister Jim Bush – Advisor
I have known George Al-Salty and his wife Xena since 2009. In that time I have sat under his instruction on Islam and as a preacher of the Gospel. George is uniquely qualified in this regard and teaches with clear biblical understanding and passion and is a compelling ambassador of Christ in the preaching of the Gospel.
I recommend George highly for any congregation or leadership team desiring to engage the culture through the church with truth and hope rather than through fear. [READ MORE…]
Mr. Kerry Allen – Advisor
God’s ways are higher than ours. Throughout history He has always had someone whom He could use in special ways for special circumstances. George and Xena Al-Salty are two of those people in the world today.
Through their ethnic heritage, their personal faith in Christ, their formal education, their willingness to serve, their work ethic, and their vision and strategy for reaching Arabs for Christ I wholeheartedly endorse them as servants of Christ. I encourage you to partner with them in the various ministry situations they provide. [READ MORE…]
Dr. Gary Sweeten
I am very impressed with the credential and the character of both of these Professional Counselors. First, because George and Xena Al-Salty worked throughout the Middle East establishing churches among Arabic speaking groups in a number of countries.
Establishing a new congregation is extremely difficult in any nation but among Muslim background and Arabic speaking groups it is considered to almost be impossible. Yet, they successfully carried out their call for many years.
Dr. David Roadcup
George and Xena Al-Salty were married in 1997. Since then they planted churches in Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Egypt, and Sudan.
After completing their Biblical studies and clinical counseling education at Cincinnati Christian University, they launched an online community to provide mentoring relationships, Biblical education, and counseling services to support the Christians of the Arab world.
I am confident that God has a great plan for their lives. I want to personally invite you to join us as we pray and support them through the SALT Ministries. [READ MORE…]
Mr. Jeffrey Metzger
I’m so happy to recommend George and Xena Al-Salty and their ministry (SALT) to your attention. In my lifetime I’ve never met any couple more intentional, more committed and more well placed to do accomplish their call from God to plant churches, build leaders, and make disciples in the Arab world.
Shortly after I met George I asked him where he wanted to be in five years. He said, “I can’t tell you where I want to be in five years, but let me tell you where I want to be in twenty years. In twenty years I’d like to see a healthy New Testament church planted in every Arabic speaking capitol in the world.” [READ MORE…]
Dr. David Faust – Advisors
We met George and Xena Al-Salty in 2009 when they were students at Cincinnati Christian University, and we have come to love and respect them deeply. It’s been a privilege for us to interact with them in their home and ours, on the CCU campus, and in a variety of other settings over the years. We have a high level of confidence in them and their ministry (SALT).
We appreciate their strong interpersonal skills, the integrity of their character, and the depth of their faith. We have seen the fruit of the Spirit in their lives, and we admire their vision. [READ MORE…]
Dr. Jack Cottrell – Advisor
I am very happy to be able to recommend to you the Kingdom work of George and Xena Al-Salty. I know them personally, and I know that they are sincere and dedicated servants of our Lord Jesus Christ. I have had them both as students in my classroom, and I know that their faith is very Bible-based and theologically sound.
In addition to these essentials, their personal backgrounds and life-experiences enable them to understand the target audiences of their ministry and to design their materials in the most effective way. Your decision to partner with them would be a very wise choice. [READ MORE…]