SALT STATEMENT OF FAITH
SALT ministry aim toward showing respect to our visitor’s cultural backgrounds, traditions, and spiritual world views. We want to serve and be available to all without discrimination. On the other hand, as for SALT ministries, we want to disclose what we believe.
We at SALT ministries are aware of the potentially controversial nature of creeds and have no intention of adding to an already divided church. The essence of our beliefs is the old saying, “no creed but Christ.” Therefore, any person who holds to the lordship of Jesus and meets the other program requirements is welcome to benefit from SALT ministries programs and online resources. Yet, in order to understand the nature of SALT ministries and its holistic approach to ministry, anyone planning to partner with us should know that every trustee, administrator, and teacher holds the following items to be true:
- We believe we are called to help fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ to “make disciples of all nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything He has commanded.” We gladly do this in unity with others who also confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, only infallible Word of God, and follow it to teach us His will and direct our lives.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and strive to love Him with heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory for judgment and the restoration of all creation to God our Father.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and actively seek His indwelling to live godly lives of faithful service.
- We believe everyone is created in the image of God. Therefore, we refrain from creating financial, ecclesiastical or any other restrictions to Christian maturity, justice, and freedom.
- We believe the terms of salvation that we may proclaim are these expressed in the New Testament: belief, repentance, confession that Jesus Christ is Lord, and baptism by immersion in water for the remission of sins and receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe our Lord’s commission is to develop disciple makers for God’s Kingdom. Therefore, we work non-denominationally and avoid political activity.
- Transparency and accountability through valid performance measures
- Open, honest and clear communication with all constituencies
- Exemplary increase and wise stewardship of all resources
- Mature leadership by qualified directors, faculty, and staff
- Continual institutional, professional, and personal learning and growth
- Practical teaching and research to advance the mission and vision
- Dedicated service for and by graduates, students, and donors
- Healthy initiatives and partnerships which actively keep in place long-term national leaders who are independent and self-supporting