Besides serving the Arabic-speaking community in Dearborn (Michigan) and the surrounding areas, SALT is developing a new model for Arab ministries. This new model will integrate technology at each phase of church planting process, enabling missionaries, indigenous Christian Arabic leaders, and new converts alike to access training, education, and counseling services in both Arabic and English by qualified professionals.
To access the Arab world with the good news, technology is absolutely essential. Old stereotypes of third world countries are vanishing as technology rapidly expands into these areas. Did you know that a Gallup study in 2010 showed that 69% of young Arabs, ages 15–29, have access to the Internet in the middle-income Arab countries and 87% of them have cellular phone access?
For this reason, SALT is in the process of establishing an Arabic virtual community, complete with online pastoral care services, Biblical education, leadership training, and mentoring relationships for future missionaries (English) and Arabic speaking leaders (Arabic).
By providing an online medium for Biblical education, counseling, and leadership training, SALT will meet the spiritual, mental, and emotional needs necessary to support the existing churches and make the newly planted ministries a success.
- To view Gallup study, please click here.
- Islam History 12 / The Jews aided the Muslim invaders & Charles Martel defeated the Muslims at the battle of Tours (732 A.D.)
- Islam History 11 / For 100 years the Muslims were unstoppable (634 A.D.)
- Islam History 10 / The Koran was Recorded with much Confusion after Muhammad’s Death
- Islam History 9 / Jewish woman poisoned Muhammad
- Islam History 8 / Muhammad had 16 wives